Friday, June 11, 2010

What are these things called?

I have heard these called by a few different names... nursing shield, baby cover, hooter hider... Whatever you want to call it, every nursing mom needs one!

One of my BFF's from high school, Haley is having her 3rd baby. She has a boy and a girl, and they are not finding out the sex of this one. I told her I wanted to make her something, and she needed one of these. I had a hard time picking unisex fabric, but Hobby Lobby didn't disappoint, at around $4 per yard (all you need is 1 yard)!

I found the tutorial on Made By The Mama Monster. The tut was SUPER easy to follow, so I didn't post any pics of myself making it. It only took about 1/2 hr start to finish, and turned out so cute! I love the boning in the top, so you can see the baby - brilliant!

Hum, I wonder if Haley is going to read this post before I get it sent to her...


the mama monster said...

that fabric is from hobby lobby?! i haven't been there forever but guess where i am headed right now? great job!

Unknown said...

So cute. I love the fabric. I am sure she will love it. I added a pocket to the inside corner of mine. It works great for holding a back up diaper and wipes or binky or keeping a burp cloth close at hand.

Candy McCall said...

darling Risa!

4lakedames said...

of course I am reading your blog.!! Remember, I am a handicap just sitting and waiting, pretty much!
Love the fabric you picked out!!!!
I think you can call it whatever you wish cuz you made it!!!! Its so darling!
Thanks SO much!!!!!
HAley xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...